[Harp-L] On topic posting

Just a rash of off topic posts lately.  Nice friendly stuff but little or
no harmonica content.  Our numbers are up meaning we'll close out February
with well over 1000 posts and that's a record but I'd rather see 200 well
thought out tightly focused posts than 1000 off topic ones.  It's not
actually all that bad the beginning of the month started with a bang,
great content and on topic posting.

www.harp-l.com.  I used to think that Hugh's obligatory harmonica content
thing was hokey. Now I think it's clever beyond belief because it
ritualises the purpose of the list by forcing us to acknowledge it when we
stray off topic.  For anyone confused here, naming a band isn't a
harmonica topic.

Obligatory harmonica content, I can't wait for my low low F Seydel
harmonica to arrive.  I am so excited that I actually got out my home made
low A and started practising with it.  I can bend the one draw on this
harmonica but it's a struggle.  Oddly the 6 overblow is just easy on this
thing same for the 9 and 10 overdraws.  Sorry JRR I can hang with the
German Major tuning thing but I ain't gonna call them overbends.

Nobody sent any photos so we're stalled at the current 2.  We do have a
lot of picture storage available on the Yahoo site.  Yahoo is not to be
confused with harp-l.  There is a concurrent archive there but belonging
to the Yahoo group does not get you harp-l posting privileges and I don't
actually control any of the meta content on that site.  It's leftover from
when harp-l had no actual archive of its own.  You can post from the Yahoo
archive if you use forward and address the forward to harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx or
harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxx  You do need to belong to both groups the yahoo archive
group and harp-l the real deal.  The addresses must match but you don't
need to receive any actual mail at either location.  Harp-l or
harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Confused?  You ought to be.  Send me
some jpg's and I'll put them up.  fjm harp-l-listowner