[Harp-L] Busking

My band wants to start busking, and we don't really know anything about it.
We live in Anchorage Alaska and always play the same joint, just a small
coffee house. It has a very 'Friends' type flavor. Anyway, the guitarist got
a new axe and a case to match a while ago and one day he left it open, not
thinking anything of it. Well, people just started dropping money in and
it's pretty damn cool, because now we can buy coffee and fancy
cigarettes(the ones you don't have to roll yourself). So now, the guitarist
and I want to start busking during the summer. What I would like to know is
how to approach this, do we get a $100 musicians friend guitar and a set of
Piedmont blues and hit the farmers market on foot, or do we set up in the
tourist area with a beach umbrella, our regular gear, and music stands. I
don't know, I just wanted to get some advice now, because when summer hits,
we only have a few months to fine tune before we head back inside for the
rest of the year.