Re: [Harp-L] Jason-Winslow late night tech discussion

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jason Ricci" <jason@xxxx>
wrote:

======JR: God you guys are so smart!!! I had the pleasure of sharing
a room with Winslow last year at SPAH (Totally Platonic) and he's a
total Mad Scientist...I couldn't sleep Cuase I just kept asking him
questions.....I'd be like: "How does that work" he'd be like "well
...I don't want to sound condescending but it's comlicated...."

======WY: Jeez, did I actually say *that?

======JR: So then I'd be like: "Come on Maaannnnn!!!....Try
me"....Then he would start telling me and I would try real hard to
get it and understand, make him back up over and over again,telling
me this part differant and making him come up with all these
metaphors and Sh*T....Finally I'd be like: " O.K....,your right
Winslow I don't get it, sorry."

======WY: Don't believe it! He totally got it. He was very
inquisitive and really wanted to understand. It was complicated like
he said - but partly because he wanted to understand the story behind
the story. Of course it was the wee hours and fatigue played its part
(along with jet lag and - in my case, Jason is clean and sober - some
of that explosive French moonshine that Froggy insisted I sample).

======JR: I finally fell asleep.

=======WY: We'd still be up there talking away if we hadn't agreed
that sleep would be a prudent idea. Hanging with Jason was a total
gas!

======JR: By the way Winslow can play too!!!! Only guy I ever heard
make that XB40 beast sing like UB40 singing that RED RED WINE song
they were rockin in the 80's.

=======WY: Thanks.

======JR: You guys need to start your own harp company make harp l
harps and sh&t !!!!

=======WY: Maybe that'll happen what with all this talk about getting
out soldering guns and whipping up baritone chromatics.