[Harp-L] 1941 National amp and photos

Where else can I gush?  I'm really enjoying the amp I
picked up recently. It's like butta (butter that can
bark!)   I don't have much experience with old amps,
so I can't compare it to, for example, an old Champ or
PA amp.  Photos:

http://photobucket.com/albums/c252/wyoharpguy/

The National has a 5U4 cokebottle, 2-6v6's, 2-6SC7's
(metal), 2-6J7's (also metal and they take the wired
metal cap).  It has 2 instrument inputs and a
microphone input.  No tone control -- but plenty of
tone!  I'm guessing it has to be close in circuitry to
the old PA amps.  Any thoughts on that?

It has a 12" field coil speaker -- the down-side with
that being that you can't (I can't) just pop in a
replacement speaker, and I think the speaker has had a
little repair (seems like a strip of electrical tape
has been put on the cone).  But, so what -- it souds
great!

Sorry I have not graduated to putting mp3's up, but I
have recently graduated to putting photos up.

Gush, gush, gush.  Someone who has access to old
National sales brochures found it in a 1941 brochure
-- it's a "Concert" model 400 that sold for $100 in
1941.  (This one now has a 3-prong plug and some new
caps.)

--jk

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com