[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 29, Issue 11 (Price of CBH chraomatic)

To Russ: There was a Hohner CBH (Cham-Ber Huang), 16-hole model for sale on
e-bay last week. The last time I looked, the bid was around $200. If your CBH
has only 12 holes, it may sell for a different price. Because e-bay is an
auction site, you can't predict what you'll get for your CBH.

The CBH chromatics were designed for Hohner back in 1958-1960 by the young
Chinese born American citizen Cham-Ber Huang. Cham-Ber has retired from the
harmonica business, but his brother, Frank Huang sells Huang harmonicas  today.
The company was passed to Frank when Cham-Ber retired.

The CBH harps are a prized possession for most serious chromatic harmonica
players.  You might get a higher price than on e-bay last week, or you  might
get a lower price, depending on the condition of the harp, and the amount  of
holes in the mouthpiece.

If I were you, I'd hold on to the CBH as long as I could. The CBH  harmonicas
were discontinued by Hohner around 1983-1985. The longer you keep it,  the
higher value it may have. Thanks for reading this. John Broecker, Milwaukee
Harmonica Club.