Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Stolen!! case of harps and mics

Every single harmonica I own is engraved with my initials and the date of acquisition. I got into the habit of doing this because I'd become confused about how long they were lasting before they failed. Customisers engrave the plates with the manufacture date and then the date of subsequent repairs. If you were really worried about losing a harmonica you could always engrave your driver's licence number on the back. I have lost all of my harmonicas at once but it was my fault for leaving them in the car of a stranger who had given me a ride. fjm