[Harp-L] BOSS DM-2 TrimPot Adjustment

There have been a lot of BOSS DM-2's selling for over $300.00 on e-bay lately. I have been reluctant to bid that high since I have heard that many of these units have been ruined due to adjustment of the trim pots.  Most of the sellers I have contacted cannot guarantee that no adjustments have been made.  One seller kindly opened the unit and e-mailed photos to me.  However, I do not know whether one can determine visually whether there has been any adjustment.  Does anyone have any insight on that?