Re: [Harp-L] Digitech Rp300 again

Claudio Brutti wrote:
"Last night I brought my new toy at a local jam, and, of
course, all the patches but one (?!?) were gone. Luckily I had some
other stuff with me and I played without the Digitech. Has something
like this happened to you, my fellow digitech owners? Is there a battery
inside, to keep the patches into memory? Do I have to open the panel
which touches the ground? I'm going to write to Digitech, too, but I was
curious to check if somebody else had this problem."

I've never had this problem.  I don't know about the internal battery, but I suppose there must be one in order to maintain the contents of memory when the unit is turned off.  It's nothing the owner would service, I'm sure.

Not long ago the pedal stopped working on my RP200, meaning moving the pedal had no effect on the sound parameters it was supposed to affect.  I followed the factory procedure for resetting the pedal, and everything worked fine after that.

With any electronic device, almost anything can happen.  I created a spreadsheet to record my patch setups, and I track every one of my performance setups on that sheet.  If something happens to my unit -- if it's destroyed in an earthquake, or the electronics die, or it's stolen by space aliens seeking evidence of intelligent life on earth, in vain of course -- I can reconstruct the sounds.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com