[Harp-L] Re: progressive rock

Haka Harri writes:

What was that "mecenary man" song from the 80's?
I loved that before I even knew what a harmonica was.

You probably mean Missionary Man by Eurythmics. Other great lady/rock/harp tune is Middle of the Road by Pretenders. Neither of these would I classify as progressive rock, though.

Harri

In fact, I wouldn't qualify Led Zeppelin as prog either. I've been listening to a lot of prog lately, and I haven't heard any serious harp playing in any of the 70s stuff I heard. There may be some harmonica in some of the many Mike Oldfield records I don't own, but apart from that I can't think of anything.

Leonardo, I'm afraid your friend will have to listen to prog without harp or ask me in ten years time when hopefully I'll be fronting one of these "prog w. harp" bands ;)

Ben