[Harp-L] Yes, you can hear TB

Ludo,

  You don't have to be a master TB'er like Gruenling to be able to hear that these guys like SBW2 are using TB's. If you listen carefully and try to play what you hear, you'll see it. I'm a beginner/intermediate player and have spent a lot of time listening to SBW2 lately trying to learn some of his riffs. You can easily hear the tongue slaps and lifts and all the other subtle things he does with TB'ing. Pick out one of his simpler riffs and play it with the standard pucker and you can imediately tell somethig is missing. I play mostly pucker and its possible to get similar sounds by working with your pucker embrochure. For example you can open up and quickly close down your air opening to pick up surrounding holes to get a similar sound to a tongue slap or lift.

  Jim McBride

Yahoo! Photos