Subject: [Harp-L] Peter Ruth's Harmonica and Ukelele Project

CaptRon posted in response to Richard Hunter's review of MadCat's new  CD:

"In a message dated 1/15/2006 2:40:15 A.M.  Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'll get right to  the point: this  record is a
masterpiece.......snip.......You can find out more  about  this CD at
http://www.madcatmusic.net/news.html.
No one who  cares  about harmonica should miss this release.

Thanks, Richard.  I'll go to Madcat's site now.  Tho not  harp  related, have
u seen the mind blowing, jaw dropping performance  of the young  guy, Jake
Shimabukuro in NYC's Central Park, playing  While My Guitar Gently  Weeps on
ukulele?
Simply amazing and a must  see, imo.  U should  be able to view it at this
site:   http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/159572/
ron "

.....and I have absolutely fallen in love with Jake Shimabukuro's playing  in
this video.  It's just gorgeous.  Thank you so much for posting  this!  He
didn't need anything more than the Central Park greenery behind  him, his
adorable self (he is too cute!) and his  amazing musicianship on the ukelele (I've
never heard one sound like that  before).  My only question is if you know if
he's still "only a college  student"?  I went to his website and he has at
least four albums out...and  seems to be quite the toast of Hawaii.  Fabulous
discovery! Thanks  again.

Elizabeth