Re: Subject: [Harp-L] bending using tongue-block (AKA shut up already, Dennis!)

Ludo writes:

"L:
BTW, isn't it time you let me practise some now, and let  Dennis himself get
back to me next week in the way he finds  appropiate?
You're doing a lot of talking in someone elses name, if you don't mind  me
saying so.

Ludo"

....Clearly it didn't matter to you whether I minded or not, Ludo.  since you
went ahead and said it anyway.  But what an odd  statement.  I'm actually
intruding into your practice time is your  claim?  I wouldn't allow anything you
had to say interfere with my  life one iota.  I've still managed to fit in my
usual 2 - 3 hours  practice despite reading and responding to several people
from Harp-L among lots  of other emails.

Further, I write solely in my own name.  My questions to you  could have been
answered directly from you to me...you chose to respond to  several posts by
lumping them all together into one, and then making an  extraneous  comment to
me  within your response to someone else.   Was that intended to be
disrespectful?  I can only surmise so.  You  could easily have chosen to not dissect my
first response to you, taking  umbrage with everything I wrote thereby
forcing me into having to explain  further.  You've done it again in this last post.
 For the record  I've made no mention of your financial status (nor would I
dream of doing so)  ..as in your:
 "I don't believe though that I have to account to you for  where I spend my
money, or what my current financial state is".

Respect seems to be  an all- important issue with you since you  mention it
so often.  No disrespect was implied in my post to  you, yet you are perfectly
comfortable making what could be taken  as quite disrespectful comments to me
(if I were hung-up on such issues, that  is).   From the little I know about
this "open forum" list,  there are no restrictions on bandwidth as far as the
amount of words   allowed, or do you know more about that than I do?  So the
"awful lot  of talking" you've decided I'm doing really is my business, is it
not?  You can choose to not read anything I write.  I  didn't think prior
permission was required to ask a question in this  forum about a post anyone had
written.

 I made no mention of your being disrespectful to Dennis....only asked  about
why you continually questioned his first statement about the TB'ing of
particular musicians once he'd already responded.

Bringing up the issue of who likes what instrument...a completely  subjective
opinion, in no way can be compared to what one hears in  another's
embouchure/technique.  Apples and oranges.

I'm a self-taught harmonica player and pianist too since age  4.  And I
started off even earlier than did you so had no exposure to any  other players.
And have only learned a couple of new harp techniques I  never knew about before
over the past year from this list and people I've run  into at Buckeye and
Spah....so it sounds quite remarkably like your own  self-stated self-taught
background.

When I said:  "But after reading Robert Bonfiglio's descriptions  of the vast
number of hours he spent perfecting....I've realized I will never  have the
sort of dedication the "real" musicians have"  you jump at that  and ask/demand:

"What do you mean? Are only people who play classical music "real"
musicians?"

....The fact that I had gone on (in the next sentence) to explain that  I
considered real musicians those who made their living from music...either by
playing or teaching it, didn't stop you from leaping to your erroneous
conclusion (and airing it here).

You state:  " Now don't go around saying I said Dennis is a liar; I  didn't."

No Ludo...I would never have thought of such a thing.  I'm not the one  who
is jumping to conclusions here.  Please feel free to get back  to your practice
since you seem to have convinced yourself I have the  power to interfere with
it.

Elizabeth