Re: Fwd: RE: [Harp-L] ii-V-I question and Help Me/Green Onions

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Winslow
Yerxa" <winslowyerxa@xxxx> wrote:
>> As to which was first, Help Me or Green Onions, the
question is sort
> of irrelevant as John Lee Hooker had been using that
so-
> called "boogie" riff for years before the 1962
Booker T & the MGs
> instrumental or Sonny Boy's 1963 song.

funny, that just reminded me that John Lee recorded a
song called "Onions" (the lyrics start right off with
"green onions..." etc etc.) i have it on an import
called "Boom Boom" it's not an exact match to the
Booker T tune, but you can definitely hear how it
could have become that pretty easily from the bass
line (played by Hooker on guitar?).
 wow, Winslow, thanks again for blowin' my mind ;)

  --Jp