Re: [Harp-L] why bother tongue block bends on the 1-3 holes?

Hi,

Jimmy brings up a good point. I'm a mixed embochure
player who primarily uses pucker to bend notes.
Only rarely do I bother to use TB bends in
performandce, yet I practice TB bends every single
day - all over the harp, blow and draw bends. Why?,
you ask?

Well, basically, that ability has made my pucker
bends about 100 percent more accurate and powerful.
Yes, folks, even if you don't use them... learning
TB bends is a HUGE benifit, even to the strictly
pucker player.

Do it! Learn to bend in TB. You'll thank me later.

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.

P.S. After all these TB/OB threads, I've been
trying to get a good TB Overbend in practice, but
I'm not there yet. Practice, practice, practice.

http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm