Cheating [Harp-L] (Was tongue block redux)

On 1/18/06, rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Glenn wrote:
>
> "Bending with pucker is not "cheating"-"
>
> Glenn is correct. Bending with pucker is not cheating. Cheating is bending
> with
> my lips and cheeks instead of my throat. <snip>

I do not believe you can cheat when playing an instrument. Do you get the
sound? Is your tone solid? If the answer is yes, then that is all that
matters. The only qualification I will add is that when I bend with lips and
cheeks, I tend to push the harp forward and thin my tone. So I try to avoid
this.