To: "Dan" <billybudd1313@xxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 8:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] RE: Exercising Chops

Dan <billybudd1313@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  A good strength technique (with harp) I like is to practice with
stock out of the box Marine Bands.  Being a Sp20 guy, I find
that Marine bands are like weight lifting.  You need to work
more for tone.  If you get big tone with them, other harps are cake.

for similar reasons, i keep a low F at hand when i'm at home, for working on bends. sloppy technique just won't work.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

do for others with no desire of return.
we should all plant some trees
we will never sit under.