[Harp-L] Studio's and saying no?

The other night I was in a local studio to record some harp and mandolin.
The 1st song had a jazzy feel to it and we laid it down fairly quick. The
studio then wanted to add a little blues over a song that IMO still had that
jazzy feel to it and traditional blues just felt awkward. After running
through it several times, my mind kept saying jazz, the engineer kept saying
blues, so I said "it ain't working lets go to the mando". Mentally I was
beat and I don't think I could have played the blues on that song in a
thousand takes. On a good note the mandolin went fine and we were gone in a
couple hours. Anyone else ever had a similar situation?

Steve McIver