[Harp-L] New video - motivic soloing

Hey all,

For those interested in jazz improvisation I have published a new video
called 'motivic soloing' on my website at http://www.wimdijkgraaf.com (->
learning tools -> video).

You can hear and see me soloing over the chord changes of My Funny
Valentine. I always like
to instantly invent motives and use them as buidling blocks for a couple of
bars. Then I start creating
random lines again waiting for another motive to pop up.

After recording the solo, I analyzed it and included this information as
overlayed text in the video.
This way you can hear and see the motives I invented and the passages that
are just
idiomatic playing over the chords (indicated as noise).

Hope this will help starting improvisers to get aware of this aspect of
playing jazz.

Abraços,

Wim Dijkgraaf
http://www.wimdijkgraaf.com