[Harp-L] Magic Dave

I met him once.  His brother or bro-in law, or some close relation had a coffee shop in Windsor, CT for a while.  Magic Dave was out here to visit (probably 2002) and hit the local blues jams.  Very Very nice guy.  Very strong player with HUGE tone.  When I met him, he said that he'd heard about me. (in CT).  I pretty much went into panic-mode when I played in the same room as him.  Haven't seen him since.

  Dan G.

Message: 6
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:01:40 -0000
From: "Tim Moyer"
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Magic Dave

It's not too hard to find out what Magic Dave is up to:

http://www.bluesgeek.com/

Pictures, schedules of appearances, etc., around the Colorado Springs
area.

I owe Dave a lot. Back in 1998 I started building a few harps and
selling a couple, and I got an order from Dave. About the time I
finished his harp I got an email from him telling me he wouldn't be
able to complete the order because he had lost his job. Figuring that
a guy who'd lost his job could use a good axe to play the blues, I
sent his harp along, and told him not to worry about it. I was only
out a few bucks and some time, at a time when I had time. Dave, who
was well known on the list, posted a very generous review of the
harmonica I sent him, and the next week I got 14 orders for
harmonicas. Working Man's Harps was born. Two months later so was my
son. So the constriction of time began!

Dave disappeared off the list in the next couple of years, but he's
still out there playing. If you're listening, Dave, thanks!

-tim>>>>