[Harp-L] why would someone ask this Q?

 A long time Hohner endorsee after jamming at Hohner's NAMM show booth was asked this question by a harp-vest-wearing character, "Why don't you play in 3rd position?"   The endorsee told me that people who usually ask those questions can't even play in 1st or 2nd. I remember reading this exact statement on Harp L several months ago after the Jon Gindick Harp Camp is Del Mar and the statement went like this, "I went to the Sunday jam finale and none of the Jam Campers played in 3rd position!"   Who really cares because the Jam Campers are the ones who had a great time that weekend, not him.  He should ask Jon Gindick if he could start up a class and teach 3rd postion at one of his seminars.  I'm sure that would go over well. I'm only posting this because that same guy got all ruffled when I wouldn't tell him what element I use in my custom mics because when AB'd right there mine was louder and thicker than his new rocket mic or whatever that thing was.  sincerely,vented

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com