Re: [Harp-L] MP-3 file for "Long Train Running?"

fjm <mktspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "I-tunes?"  And then you'll get it compressed and have to download the
> file.  This answer assumes a person running XP or Mac OSX with a fast
> connection and a tin ear.

true enough.  though i expect the quality is probably better than how we
all heard it when it was a current hit, on a cheap radio or mass produced
cassette.

> You can't even look at the song list on the
> Apple site without installing their software.

i guess i was using "itunes" in the generic sense.  there are a
variety of other such services.  i don't know much about 'em,
won't touch anything that comes with DRM attached.

> Personally I'd just buy
> it used somewhere, Amazon or even locally.  I'm guessing there about a
> zillion copies out there.

that's another good option, though it'll take more effort and time.
buncha good tunes on that album.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

do for others with no desire of return.
we should all plant some trees
we will never sit under.