[Harp-L] The Soul of Music (was Mr. Heresy rags on "music" and blues)

Hi, replying to this "2nd position" thing.
First of all, each must find the music inside them.
I am not the world's best harmonica player. I do know music, tho, and have
an opinion.
I didn't bust anybody's chops at the Jam, it was cool for what it was, and
as I said, a few of the students were able to manifest art, IN CROSSHARP.
I encourage everyone to play harmonica--but it's bloody tough, innit? And
it's all about ears, if you want it to be good. I try . . .
And I stand by my 1st position statement. What's wrong with the major scale?
Why not have students harmonize a folk tune, as they did a blues riff?
Currently practicing the Dickens out of the chrom everywhere I go, half of
the time it's blues snippets, and I bet not everybody is glad to hear me
playing half-*ssed.
Sometimes playing is more for the player than the listener, and my apologies
if you mistook me for someone who has mastered the harmonica.
Gary