Re: [Harp-L] Change harmonicas during a solo?

Hiya...
I OFTEN change harps during a solo... For example, on my original "LP"
recording of "John Walden's Worksop", Playing "Baby Please Don't Go" I started
using a Bb diatonic, then modulated to the key of F#, (Using a B) and that was
back in 1967!....30 years later,  on my 1997 CD "John Walden's  Blues Band", I
also changed (chromatic) harps in one song from "1st" to  "3rd" position
during a solo, one chorus in the major, the second in the minor  key...
When I was performing with the "New Wine Gospel Choir", in Woolwich,  London,
England,  just a couple of years ago, on one song we modulated  into TEN
different keys... I used 10 diatonics, all played in 2nd position....  Sometimes
the choir decided to "jump" a key.. & THAT WAS SCARY! :-)
These days I mostly go from "1st" position to "3rd" position harmonica,
during a song, using my chromatic harps... But I might pick up a diatonic  to rip
a chorus in "2nd" as well
"Horses for Courses "... I like to use what ever harp that fits what I  want
to play!
Best wishes
John Walden
London