[Harp-L] Changing harmonicas during a solo

I started doing this by switching positions on slow blues songs.  Say the
song is in A.  You can do the first 12 bars in 3rd position (G harp) and the
second 12 in 2nd (D harp) or vise versa.  I learned this from listening to
Kim Wilson's Telephone Blues on his Smokin' Joint CD.  This is a great way
to really broaden your range in a solo as well as your understanding of how
the two positions work over a chord progression.  I learn everything by ear
so this is how I gain understanding of the two scales and how they work.
Others may be able to learn better by 'seeing' where the notes fall across
the comb for a given position.

The thing about working 12 bars in 3rd and then 12 in 2nd it that the turn
around gives you a short pause to switch harps.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh