Re: [Harp-L] The New Butterfield Thread

"Michael Peloquin" <peloquinharp@xxxxxxxxxxx> 1/25/2006 4:30 PM >>>

I am so much more into Butterfield as a sideman than I am into the PBBB.
Better Days is cool and innovative, but I think PB brought so much to the
tablle in sideman situations.

Fathers & Sons
Muddy in Woodstock (won the Grammy for best Blues Album)
Levon Helm & the RCO All Stars (my fave)
Maria Muldaur-Waitress in a Donut Shop"

Butter does smoke as a sideman... Fathers & Sons, YES.  Also, among others, on Bonnie Raitt's 'Give It Up' he plays beautifully on a couple of tracks... he knocks me out as a frontman as well... I recently picked up the 1970 "Butterfield Blues Band - Live" CD and may have already burned through it for the heavy rotation it's been on.  I think that record is a great example of Butter as a frontman, sideman, and above all, a band leader.

Michael, speaking of Levon Helm & the RCO All Stars, here's something that may interest you:
Levon Helm and the RCO All-Stars Live
http://levonhelm.com/store//product5.html

Jim.