[Harp-L] more on the Deb and the Magic of Magic Dave

just chiming in on the Magic of Magic Dave. . .

I remember talking to him on the phone about this awesomely played tune of
his.
the recording was circa 1981 (maybe 1980?),  and I remember him telling me
no OB¹s,
used an Ab-harp, I recall him saying ? in honor of his wife, Deb.
he told me he was a trombonist ­ and he certainly captures the phrasing,
tonality, and articulations
of a trombone with our favorite little toy.  and....no clams at all.....

Magic Dave opened my eyes and ears to many things.
I remember there was a nicely heated pucker vs. TB debate on the L,
and Dave made the claim that he could do anything using TB that anyone could
do puckering.
I was doubtful (in particular certain ³phonetic² articulations).  Dave
politely and patiently proved me wrong.

one of the more fascination lessons he gave me was how to create a Leslie
speaker sound in TB-position.
I can sort of do it as a parlor trick, but Dave could can do it
magically....

a humorous and active poster of high-quality, I really miss his
participation. (Dave:  come back!).

one-of-a-kind, that Magic Dave is.

-sg