[Harp-L] LW in Europe/on video

Tom Ball wrote:
"Recently there has been a discussion of the brief Little Walter clips
of him accompanying other artists at the AFBF in Europe, which brings
to mind the following question:

According to Paul Vernon's book "African-American Blues, Rhythm and
Blues, Gospel and Zydeco on Film and Video, 1926-1997," somewhere
there are two other clips of LW as well:
'My Babe' from the British TV show 'Ready, Steady, Go' (Sept 25, 1964,)
and
'My Babe' and "Juke' from the British TV show 'Beat Room' (PV gives
the date as Oct 26, '64; the LW bio suggests Sep 26.)

In both cases it is thought that Walter only lip-synched and/or faked
the harp playing on these shows, but nevertheless these clips would
be very entertaining to see...

As far as I know the clips themselves have never surfaced -- either
officially or through booted collector video. Has anyone actually
seen them? Were they destroyed after the initial airing(s)?  (Scott
D, do you still occasionally monitor this list? <g>)

TIA,

Tom Ball
Santa Bobo CA"

  I´m no expert on this, but as far as I`ve gathered the BBC were as a rule not saving their programs in the 60s, so chances are pretty slim there are something left. Don´t know the reasons for this strange procedure, but it has caused considerable problems in reissuing material for video/dvd etc.
     (Swedish television, initially very much modelled on the Beeb, did despite this save everything that was televised from day 1, so somewhere in the vaults here there are stuff with SBWII, BWH et al -- don´t know ´bout LW, though. But the pop nerds runnings things nowadays would probably not even dream of showing it, so it doesn´t amount to a whole lot.) /Martin