Re: [Harp-L] Jerry Portnoy CDs

Mark,
Its all been said and I agree, Portnoy's are were well worth the money I
spent.
I ordered mine from some Farrell outfit on the Internet. They made a speedy
dispatch.
I paid over $160NZ for my treasure and I haven't regretted it one bit.
You'll find second hand copies
on places like ebay etc.

Yes you need the harp in the key of A!!

IMO its more of an advanced instructional on technique compared to
Gindick's. Gindick's Rock n Blues focus also on how to place
your licks in the structure of the blues. For learning blues patterns
nothing has beaten David Barrett's instructionals, for me.

I say spend your money on Portnoy's.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1141336 < listen to
Jerry Portnoy talk

Nate in the blues room