[Harp-L] Bebop tuning: Much better than solo tune?

While I was adding a section in Wikipedia on the alternate tunings for both bebop tuning and classical tuning for chrom, I was wondering: is there any purpose for the redundent C? Here's what I am thinking:

1)It does not serve much for octave, since player have to learn to play on five holes (blocking the middle 3 holes) in order to play octaves on other notes.
2)It have no help on chord construction whatsoever.

The only purpose I see the reason the redundent C exist is due to the legacy from the diatonic, which will make it not redunent in that case. But IMHO, for chromatics, a bebop tuning or even classical tuning have much more sense then the current tuning Solo tune we are having right now. So why didn't the harmonica facotries adopt, at the very least, bebop tuning for chrom?