Re: [Harp-L] Fingers Taylor

Buffett's guy from way back...and a name I haven't seen mentioned since I became a subscriber to the list. (Nothing in the immediate archives either.) He was one of the guys who got me re-intrigued by the harp in recent years. I was just wondering if there are any other fans of his out there. Or is he completely under the radar these days? Also, for those of you familiar with his work, how would you assess playing?

He was the reason I started playing harp. I have been a Jimmy Buffett fan since the 70's. He is still around and does some of the Jimmy Buffett crusies and festivals. I met hin in Key West one year at the Meeting of the Minds (Jimmy Buffet Convention). He was playing with Living Soul and the Pearl Divers along with another great harp player Dave Matchett. What a show it was with the two of them playing together. After going there I started a Jimmy Buffett Tribute Band and have become very popular here in San Antonio and South Texas. He plays blues now with his band. He is living in Michigan I believe. I personally love the way he plays and listen to him regularly.

Bob "The Captain" Boyd
www.texastide.com