[Harp-L] Bebop tuning: Much better than solo tune? Says who?

Says me, for one. But Winslow is absolutely right, as usual - it depends on what you want to do with the instrument.

Since Bebop tuning increases the number of enharmonic equivalents, one has more opportunities to play legato. Since I struggle so much with this on the diatonic, it's a big treat to move over to the Bebop chromatic (also to take a vacation from bending to pitch!). On my Bebop tuned CX-12 from Brendan Power (a fabulous instrument from a fabulous person), I can get four notes in each octave as either a draw or a blow note: C and F (as on a solo tuned instrument) plus B and Bb. This allows me to play many lines with significantly fewer breath direction changes than would be required on a standard solo-tuned instrument.

George