Subject: [Harp-L] Wichita Symphony

Robert Bonfiglio writes:

"Had three wonderful concerts with the Wichita Symphony performing the
Villa-Lobos Harmonica Concerto plus Sir George Martins's "Three
American  Sketches" for Harmonica and String Orchestra.  All three were
almost  sold out with 2200 plus people at them.  Good Orchestra with
Andrew  Sewell conducting.

I have been getting some nice emails from George  Martin thanking me for
performing his work; I hope to record it soon.   It would be nice to
have a "British Invasion" recording of the Martin with  the Arthur
Benjamin Harmonica Concerto and the Vaughan  Williams  Romance along
with the Malcom Arnold Harmonica Concerto.

After  Sundays performance Maestro Sewell and I went to the local blues
bar and  joined Kirk Sorensen for the Sunday evening jam.  Kirk played
some nice  blues on his CX12.  I stuck to my Filisko Marine Bands - a
lot of fun  to play "Walkin' Blues" after playing a Harmonica
Concerto!!!
Harmonically yours,
Robert Bonfiglio"

........How wonderful, Robert!  Congratulations!  Would love  to hear it when
it's recorded.   Now when are we going to get to  hear a CD of your playing
some Blues on those Filisko Marine Bands?

Elizabeth