Re: Re: [Harp-L] Re: portable mp3 player/recorder- mobiblue

Well, I was just looking for a way to use an external mic (or stereo mic) without a mixer or preamp with this little recorder. Remember, it's cheap and it has amazingly long battery life. Randy described a great way to run a line from the mixer, but in a situation where there is no mixer (we play some VERY small venues), it would be nice to have off-unit mic(s), but not at the expense of dragging around a mixing board and then having to power it. A lot of folks use minidisc, which is okay, but this would be simpler.

-tim