Subject: [Harp-L] Mobiblu - my still-unanswered question

i have the mobiblue unit and would like to respond.

The unit comes with a mini usb to mini stereo male phone plug ( the kind most often found on cheaper portable stereo head phones)

I have two type of radio shack adapters that work for most all mixing board applications.

The simplest to buy is a FEMALE STEREO MINI PLUG TO STEREO MALE QUARTER INCH PLUG adapter. These are very common adapters that usually come with headphones so that a headphone can be plugged into an ipod or small cd player and can be also used with the home stereo or professional mixing consoles that have standard quarter inch. Ask the engineer to plug this into his headphone jack of the mixer. Done deal, that is how I do it.

If the board does not have the headphone jack (most do) the second is to buy, also at radio shack an adapter that has FEMALE STEREO MINI PLUG TO dual left and right rca connectors. If the rca connectors are male, you can plug that directly into the rca tape outs on the mixer. If the rca''s are female, you have to get a standard male to male rca cable and connect the same way.

I hope this clarifies, not overdrives )::)

randy

Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 11:02:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

But here's the question I originally asked Randy, which nobody has
answered. I'll restate it to make it obvious.

I show up at a gig with a Mob-blu and its line-in cable that ends in a
1/8-inch phone plug.

The sound guy says - I have no way to connect to that.

What do I need in most common situtations to connect the 1/8" plug to
the line out (or whatever) from the sound board?

Winslow

_____