[Harp-L] CD players for practice?!

Hi,

Found a great feature on one of the CD/Video players. Namely, shar and flat functions. That is, you can listen to MP3 or regular CD/Wav tune and then raise or decrease the pitch in real time up to 4 semi-tones in both directions. It has a remote control and A-B loop funtion.

For instance, I learned a new tune on chromatic - Nature Boy - in Em and it turned out that Nat King Cole sings it in Dm. And in order to play along and incorporate his intonation I had no trouble of changing the pitch in real time before I learn the song in all 12 keys. Kind of giving you general vision of what you could have in a few months or after spending extra$$.

This is Austrian CD/Video player under the brand of "First". Thought I guess it's assembled in China and the overall quality is not the best. It doesn't recognize tags and folders, etc.

In general I don't like that player at all but but, that function with changing the pitch in real time is quite an impressive and useful tool. And the player costs some 57 US$

Any idea about the same function on other CD players - more known brands?

Alex