And beautiful heartfelt music, with or without religious lyrics, is still beautiful music.

As John Sinclair said: kick out the jams brothers and sisters! (Well, that's one version...)

-Dave Fertig

At 05:10 PM 7/7/2006, you wrote:
From: "Dave Murray" <dlmurray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<<Don Alexander, "I have been ask to play my harmonica at a funeral. Any suggestions as to what songs would be appropriate and that can be played on a harmonica (diatonic or chromatic)?? Any suggestions are appreciate. I was thinking Shenandoah, Red River Valley, etc...">>

You didn't say anything about the religious/spiritual beliefs of the deceased or their loved ones. That could be a big deal.

"Amazing Grace" seems like an obvious choice unless it's for anti-Christians.
"Angel Band" is probably a good choice.
"Taps" at the end if it's for a veteran.

Peace and music,
Dave