Re: [Harp-L] Papa at The Acropolis,-)

A quick hello to Harp-l from Athens Greece!

  Well I'm not sure but I may very well be the FIRST Harmonica Player to play at The ACROPOLIS or at least with a Pop Act, maybe Bonfiglio has as they have ONLY had Classical music there for many years.

       I was performing with The Original Blues Brothers Band and some fans told me after the concert that it was the 1st time anyone ever DANCED at a performance.

      I actually found a way off stage and got out into the foyer area of the immense amphitheatre and played using my wireless mic on "Shotgun Blues". Later I invited the crowd down to that same area in front of the stage to rock out with us on "Gimme Some Lovin" and the classic Cab Calloway's "Minnie The Moocher". We're sharing the Bill with  King Soloman Burke and his terrific band...and we do it one more time tonite....TONS o' FUN!,-)

       Haven't yet run into any Harp Players here in Athenia but there were some GOOD harp players at the Scanavik Blues Festival that we just left in Norway! Denise Lasalle had a Great band too.

         Next Stops: Madrid, Tunis & Malta....

  Have a Fun and Safe Summer Y'all
  Love & Peace
  Rob "The Honeydripper" Paparozzi