Fwd: [Harp-L] Bullets & Wireless

Wirless transmitters may vary in their ability to accept high
impedance inputlike that of a typical bullet mic. The ones designed
for electric guitars will be hi-z and therfore possibly good for use
with hi-z bullet mics.

My wireless transmitter (the AKG PT4000 body pack, part of the WMS4000
system ) is designed for lo-z mics but claims to accept hi-z
instrument inputs; they sell an input cable that terminates in a phone
jack like you would plug into a guitar. I haven't yet tried it with a
hi-z mic but will do so soon.

If you plan to always use use your system with a bullet mic, get the
instrument (guitar) transmitter. If you'll alway use vocal mics, get
one that's lo-z. If you plan to use a mix, check on the manufacturer's
claims and try to follow up with actual users.

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bill Hines" <billhines4@...>
wrote:

Couple of wireless questions.

I had heard elsewhere that bullet mics aren't a good match for the
wireless devices like the AKG WMS, only low impedance RE10, SM57 type
mics. Do folks use both types with wireless units successfully? The kid
in this video seems to be using one with his bullet quite successfully:
http://video.nbc.com/player.html?dlid=24415

Also heard that the WMS SO40 that has been recommended so often here is
being discontinued. So that means low prices, tempting. But then limited
supply of parts/accessories? Anyone know what is replacing it and if
it's worth it to wait?

Thx, Bill