From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Joe and Cass Leone
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 9:35 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Miller is a 12-Year-Old Harp Monster

OK, good point............ But this kid is already on TV. How many
out there have been on TV?  Seems to me while I often see other
instruments played on TV and the musicians range from excellent to
barely mediocre, harp NEVER gets on TV unless the player is in the
eye of the pyramid, OR they're a singer and harp is a side arm.

Sorry, but I'm not seeing (not that Im picking on anyone in
particular) Rod Piazza, Norton Buffalo, Kim Wilson nor even the
greats Howard Levy or Robt. (le bon vivant) Bonfiglio on TV. These
guys are still having to tour at their age and I don't see the
relatively easier juicy TV slots. Hey, if I'm wrong, I'll go back
into lurk for another 5 months.

Even Elvis Costello (for God's sakes) can get on TV. Harp doesn't get
any respect and I don't think it ever will.

p.s. excellent post shrimpdaddy..

smokey el Gatto