Re: [Harp-L] Spotlight on blues harmonica radio programme - who

Hey Nate,
Looks like a good list to me and good luck picking the songs.  I'd add a few
recommendations based on my "essential" blues harp artist list.
- Corky Siegel
- Gary Primich
- Terry McMillan
- Mark Ford
- Tom Ball
- Kim Wilson
- Phil Wiggins
- Dennis Gruenling

Not sure I'd replace anyone on your list with these, but they offer a
different blues perspective from the usual SBWI-SBWII-Little Walter-Big
Walter-Butterfield progression.  I'm with you totally on Reed, Hummel and
Piazza.  But Corky kind of kept the Chi blues harp alive and moving in the
late 60's early 70's.  Primich, Gruenling, and Wilson are contemporary
masters in the vein of Hummel.  McMillan and Ford apply more to the
blues-rock genre.  Ball and Wiggins are masters of the upbeat, Piedmont,
acoustic style.  Just a few suggested alternatives to your fine list.
Contact me off-list if you want any song suggestions for these folks.

Fred S