Re: [Harp-L] TV Blues

> <snip>
>
> No adult will get on TV playing conventional
> harp. That's a given.

Not necessarily. I got on TV playing conventional
harp... well, sort of almost. :-)

I was at my harmonica club meeting a few weeks ago
in Denver and in walked a TV crew for local Channel
7 News. Well, actually it was a crew of one. She
wanted to film us for a "possible segment" to help
promote the big SPAH event that's coming here in
August. (Our club's marketing efforts at work).

She filmed a bunch of the players, and she filmed
me performing a number for the club playing guitar
and harp in a rack. Wish I'd known she was coming,
I would have rehearsed more. Oh well.

Later she interviewed me on film and asked me why I
had so many harps in my case and what was that
large one with the button for. I talked about them
and demonstrated some of the harps. I played some
German folk and then a few blues licks on a regular
diatonic, on a minor-tuned Lee Oskar I played an
Eastern European-sounding ditty and then I played
something on Chromatic. It was pretty cool.

Haven't seen it run on the news yet, and maybe they
will never run it, but it was cool just the same.
I'll post about it if it ends up getting aired.

Harpin in Colorado,
--Ken