[Harp-L] RE: 12 year old monster

OK, how many times, on this forum have I heard folks whine and complain that the general public doesn't take harmonica players seriously or respect the harmonica as a legitimate musical instrument?  Now we're ragging on a 12 year old kid who has grabbed public attention and is probably doing more to promote the harp than anyone in recent history.  How many of us could play a clean single note or bend a note at his age?  Come on folks, LD is 12 years old!  He has been playing for years and appears to have the desire and discipline to become a great player.  I have heard LD numerous times, here in Indiana, on TV with Steve Harvey, Kids Star search, I even awarded him top prize in his age division in a Harmonica contest at the 2001 Bean Blossom Bluesfest, the kid is for real.  Lets take this opportunity to promote LD and the harp community! Go LD!