Re: [Harp-L] feasible goals

I don't know if this was brought up before and if it was, I'm sorry but everyone is talking about the harp being more out there in the forefront.

I can't say that I can ever recall when ANY instrument was a feature of a program. It was usually a 'style' of music that was being covered, not any individual instrument.

How many can remember the names of the horn sections for KC & the sunshine band, JB and the famous flames, the Ohio players, Kool & the Gang, Earth Wind & Fire and a dozen others?

Occasionally guitar players get some coverage, but it's usually in relationship to something else, like "Who can sound the most like Stevie Ray", or "What were Clapton's or Buddy Guys influences on the younger players". Or "delta style players" or a story about Sun records.

The documentary Kansas City, (which featured sax players), was more about the Kansas City 'sound' and does anyone remember the names of the players?

Where's the Drummer story? The Trumpet player? When did Vibes get any coverage? Double Bass? I don't even remember a B3 story ( and there certainly WERE a raft of them from the late 50s to the early 80s.

Naah, I think people are getting all torqued up over nothing. If you want the harmonica to stand out.. YOU have to stand out.

smokey