Re: [Harp-L] re: pathetic

I think in 100 years the harmonica players that will be remembered will be

Litte Walter
John Popper
Toots Thielemans (Maybe)
Stevie Wonder

There are NOT enough good players on the planet at the moment to convince other "real" musicians the harmonica is a "real" instrument.  The harmonica is easily one of the most difficult instruments to play well and in the diatonic there might be three or four people in the world who can play it well eg; with advanced technique, with good intonation, with musicality etc..

BTW- JP, JR is correct about my leaning toward acid jazz. I've been playing in the acid jazz, funk, soul and jam arena for a while now however that might be changing again very soon...