Re: [Harp-L] re: pathetic

Being held in such high mediocrity is exactly the problem with the harmonica.

People will think  wow, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen such great musicians and they play the harmonica....that must be the way it's supposed to be played.  I remember seeing some harmonica method book that hailed Dylan as a harmonica genius. Puke!  But then again for somebody to have played so long and still maintain the same sound one can deduce his playing is intentional.  To play with THAT much restraint very well may require genius skills unless he's autistic.