[Harp-L] Sam Mitchell

I read with sadness news of the demise of Sam Myers. I want to mention the
death last month of another great musician in the UK, ( with the same
initials), Sam ( Sammy) Mitchell. Sammy was the finest slide guitarist in
the UK and one of the best in the world. He also played great mandolin (
notably on Rod Stewart's "Every Picture Tells A Story" album and recorded
extensively. The harp relevant part of this is that he and I played on
Charlie Musselwhite's " Harmonica According To..." album, and Charlie also
played on Sammy's " Art Of Bottleneck Guitar" album during the same
sessions.