Re: [Harp-L] re: pathetic

I have worked with a few people  that have made such comments.  No offense intened to anyone but when you play at a certain level people will think something, not tell you and just cut you some slack because they know you can't cut it.

When you get to another level and really start to open the eyes of other serious musicians then certain expectations are formed. And if you can't meet those expectations then their thinking goes back to it's a toy and harmonica players aren't "real" musicians.  If you're going to be a harmonica player at a real pro level (in the "serious" music world) then you really need to be an elite musician like Toots, Bonfiglio, Levy, Paparozzi, Galison etc... anything short of that will not cut it for very long.