Re: [Harp-L] re: pathetic

Yeah, I agree. Depends strictly on the young (don't everything?) Here in SW Fla. if harmonica players come up, the only
names mentioned are: Larry Adler & Toots Theilmanns if the people are older, and Stevie Wonder & John Popper if they're younger. Of course, I would point out that in different parts of the country and different groups of people, names WILL change.

If you're from San Fran (for instance), you might pick other players ( Clark, Butterfield, if younger). In N.Y. you might pick Richard Hayman or Leo Diamond (if older). If from the Chi general area, I'm sure that Levy and the Wallys would figure in, and if mid south McCoy, Bailey, if blueser, then Sonny Boy, Sonny Terry. There will be as many opinions as leaves on the trees.

For MY estimation, the only person who has a chance of making it 100 years is Steveland Morris Judkins. Not that I agree with this, you understand. I think it's the 'total package' and not just the harmonica that might do it.