[Harp-L] Pathetic and Morbid

Wilhelm Backhaus was this great Beethoven pianist; 50 years later nobody knows, even if you play classical piano unless Beethoven happens to be your thing and then you might find his recordings.

Adler's name used to come up when I would play a concerto, now it rarely does. He only has the Morton Gould recording to show for his "classical' playing. Performers, unlike composers, are out of sight, out of mind. Very few escape this truth.

But the whole discussion is so morbid; only the music now really matters. I just go out and blow and let the rest fall where it does. When I am dead, I won't care!!!! We all may end up like "Yiddish Poets" or maybe the few that count will pull out my recording 100 years from now and understand what I was really doing.

Who was the best knuckle ball pitcher, Hoyt?

Harmonically yours,

Roberto Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com