Re: [Harp-L] New list

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Read" <rread@xxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2006 5:50 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] New list

Hello all

Can you tell me with size or brand name that guitar can match sound perfect with harmonica..
Thank you
Robert Read

First you must say what type of music you wish to play. If you wish to play blues on a diatonic harmonica or popular music on a chromatic, then a steel-stringed guitar played with a flat pick is a natural choice.

IF you choose to play another genre such as classical or folk, then a nylon-stringed classical-style finger-picked guitar would be a natural but not the only choice.

If you plan to play harmonica on a rack and accompany yourself on guitar, then you should visit
my harmonica website www.Hands-Free-Chromatic.7p.com For rack playing, I prefer a slightly smaller guitar. IF you have never played guitar before and you only plan to strum some chords along with the harmonica, you might consider a four-stringed guitar or even a ukulele. These are less demanding of finger dexterity, strength, and amount of practice.

There are hundreds of manufacturers of guitars. It is difficult to give you meaningful advice without knowing your musical aspirations with harmonica and guitar.

Vern
Visit my harmonica website www.Hands-Free-Chromatic.7p.com